|Your privacy and the protection of your personal information are important to Kinetic Content. We want you to understand how and why we process your personal information. We have put together this privacy notice to help you understand how Kinetic Content collects and uses your personal information during and after your relationship with us. Our processing of your personal information will always be in accordance with applicable data protection laws. This privacy notice applies to all cast and crew.
We recommend you familiarize yourself with it and contact us at PrivacyPolicy@kineticcontent.com if you have any questions.
KINETIC CONTENT CAST AND CREW PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice applies to all cast and crew, both during your relationship with us and thereafter. This notice does not form part of any contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time and will inform you of any material changes. It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy documents we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
How we will process your personal information
Kinetic Content will only use your personal information when permitted to do so in accordance with data protection laws. Primarily, we will process your personal information in regard to the production, distribution and commercialization of the production in which you are involved.
Here are the purposes for which we process your personal information:
- Management and administration of personnel: including managing work activities and personnel generally, including evaluations, project management; making business travel arrangements; compilation of audit trails and other reporting tools; maintaining records relating to business activities; budgeting, financial management and reporting; communications; and monitoring activities (including the monitoring telephone, email, Internet and other Kinetic Content resources); and conducting internal investigations.
- Payroll and benefit management: including payment administration; administering and paying salary and salary reviews, wages and other awards such as stock options, stock grants and bonuses, health care, pensions and savings plans; and honoring other contractual benefits and loans.
- Planning and allocating work: including performing workforce analysis and planning; and allocating Kinetic Content assets and human resources.
- Human resources management: including managing and administering training, leave, promotions, transfers; and managing coaching, disciplinary matters and terminations; operating and managing the IT and communications systems; and managing mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations or disposals.
- Communications (including in emergencies): including facilitating communication with cast and crew; providing references; ensuring business continuity; protecting the health and safety of cast and crew and others; safeguarding IT infrastructure, office equipment and other property; and facilitating communication in an emergency.
- Compliance: including complying with applicable legal and other requirements, such as income tax and national insurance deductions; recordkeeping and reporting obligations; conducting audits; compliance with law enforcement and similar requests in accordance with applicable law; pursuing legal rights and remedies; defending litigation and managing any internal complaints or claims; and complying with internal policies and procedures.
We may also collect and use “special” or “sensitive” personal information, which means personal information relating to your trade union membership, health, criminal convictions and history, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or political persuasion. Where such personal information is required we will only process this as follows:
- where we have your explicit consent;
- where it is necessary for carrying out our obligations and exercising our rights in the field of employment, social security or social protection law or collective agreement;
- where it is necessary for the assessment of your working capacity;
- where it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest;
- where required under a specific legal obligation; or
- where you have manifestly made this information available to us.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates, group companies and certain third parties to process your personal information on our behalf. In each case, we will ensure that all such parties only process your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- where if we believe that doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, security, or safety of us, our production, our other cast and crew, or the public;
- to enforce any contract or policies we have in place with you;
- to investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations; and
- in relation to a business transaction, such as a merger, change of control or sale of assets.
Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
Kinetic Content will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Please note, we will always retain a record of all of those involved in the production for our records.
Your duty to inform us of changes
Kinetic Content is required to ensure that the personal information it holds about you is accurate and up-to-date. We therefore request that you notify us as soon as possible if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Your information and rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us. When contacting us, please be sure to advise in regard to which production(s) you were affiliated: PrivacyPolicy@kineticcontent.com. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks.
Please be aware that the rights above are not absolute and there may be circumstances where we are unable to comply with your request (either wholly or in part). In such cases we will explain why we cannot comply with the request.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at PrivacyPolicy@kineticcontent.com. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another lawful basis for doing so, which we will inform you of when responding to you. Please note, however, that in most cases we do not rely on your consent to process your personal information.
Please contact us at the email address below. When contacting us please be sure to advise in regard to which production(s) you were affiliated: PrivacyPolicy@kineticcontent.com.