So many new shows coming to Netflix – plus the hundreds of shows we haven’t had time to watch yet! You’ve had a crazy work week so this weekend – it is time to RELAX. We’re talking about lights off, staying in your pajamas all day long, and preparing for a much needed Netflix Binge. But, who sits down to watch hours upon hours of TV without the proper reinforcements? So the first thought is to get some fast food or maybe something super greasy delivered right to your door?
Well for all of you potato chip and fry lovers – we have a healthier solution! We’re pretty sure exercise is off the table for the next few hours, so let’s find an equally as healthy and delicious snack to stay full and focused all night long!
Healthy Baked Broccoli Tater Tots
- 2 cups or 12 ounces uncooked or frozen broccoli
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley ( Can also use cilantro or rosemary. )
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and shock with cold tap water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Chop broccoli finely and mix throughly with the egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix using a ice-cream scoop or your hands and gently press between your hands into a firm ball then shape into a tater-tot shape. It helps to wash your hands after every few tots to keep them from sticking onto your hands. Next, Place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-24 minutes, turning half way. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot with ketchup, sriracha, ranch dressing, or any other sauce of your choice.
Have a guilt free and totally chill weekend!
Share this Post