TOXIC WASTE MAC & CHEESE
Halloween Night Delight! Whether you’re heading out to a costume party or spending the night at home cozied up to the TV and a pumpkin full of candy by your side, this spin on Mac & Cheese will give you the strength and the satisfaction to fight off any goblins or ghouls that come your way!
Don’t be fooled by the name – this is no trick. But rather, a devious cheesy treat you have to try!
1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 1/2 Cups milk or half & half
1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 Teaspoon paprika
1 Teaspoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon dry mustard powder
1 pinch cayenne pepper
8 Ounces Vermont sharp white cheddar cheese
1 Package frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
Green food coloring (optional)
1 Pound box pasta, cooked and drained
1 head fresh caulflower (steamed)
- Melt butter in a large pan/Dutch Oven over medium-low heat.
- Add the flour and whisk to combine. Simmer, stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and whisk to combine and remove all lumps.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, and mustard. Stir to combine.
- Continue cooking until the mixture starts to simmer – about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the grated cheese. Stir until melted and completely combined.
- Add the drained spinach and stir to combine. Add a few drops of green food coloring if desired.
- Add the drained pasta and stir until completely coated.
- Stir in the steamed cauliflower and serve immediately. (It is helpful to leave the cauliflower in large chunks and wait until the very end to add them. This will help them to stay whole and look creepier sitting near the top!)
Share this Post