“Sweet version for when I crave something like a cinnamon scone. Savory version for when I crave a classic egg sandwich, healthified.” – Dawn Jackson Blatner
2 slices sprouted whole grain bread, toasted
1/2 avocado, mashed
1 whole egg
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Sea salt, to taste
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
1/4 teaspoon raw honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Top each toast with half the mashed avocado.
2. Mist nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook egg.
3. Top savory avocado toast with egg, crushed red pepper flakes and sea salt. [And I LOVE to shove lots of spinach or arugula or baby kale between the avocado & egg! Eat your greens baby! In fact, I put so many greens on that I have to eat it w/ a fork & knife.]
4. Top sweet avocado toast with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
5. Nutrition details: 1 piece sweet avocado toast= 190 cals, 10g fat, 21g carbs, 6g fiber, 6g protein; 1 piece savory avocado toast= 200 cals, 10g fat, 18g carbs, 5g fiber, 11g protein.
Share this Post