It is now the third week of November and in most places – it feels like fall! Or even winter — we hope you’re bundling up and getting excited for the holidays! For those cool, breezy nights that seem to hit, no matter where you live – we have the BEST warm and super sweet treat. If you’re not careful, this new dessert and snuggling up on the couch, may be your forever lasting evening routine. Don’t say we didn’t warn ya!
STICKY DATE PUDDING
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup water
- 1 stick butter
- 1 + ¼ cup plain flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
For the sauce:
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a 9x9in (24x24cm) dish. (or any dish of approximately the same size).
- Roughly chop the dates and put them in a saucepan with the water. Bring to the boil, leave for about 30 seconds, and then turn off the heat.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the flour, sugars, spices and baking powder, and mix until everything is combined and sandy-looking.
- Add in both eggs and mix until just combined. Add the dates and water, and mix again until everything is smooth and combined.
- Scrape the batter into the baking dish, and place into the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- While the cake is baking, make the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a saucepan and bringing them to the boil. Boil for about 1 minute, and then set aside to cool slightly.
- When the sponge is ready, drizzle over about ¼ of the sauce, and then serve warm with the rest of the sauce to pour over as you go.
- Add a scoop of whipped cream or ice cream for something a little extra special!
Share this Post