You’ve just spent all day cooking and you’re exhausted! The turkey smells great, your favorite green bean casserole is just finishing up in the oven – then BOOM – it hits you. THE DESSERT! You forgot the dessert!
Well, have no fear – we have something perfectly festive and totally sweet! And you literally just DUMP the ingredients into a pan and wait for the magic to happen. How easy is that? Personally, this is one of our new favorites!
PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, brown sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk until combined. Pour this mixture into the buttered pan.
- Sprinkle the cake mix powder on top of the batter as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the batter.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the edges are browned and the center is set. A knife inserted in the middle should come out clean.
The perfect way to end a long day! Plus – the leftovers will keep you happy all weekend long.
Share this Post