You just do not want to go out tonight – am I right? After a long day, you want nothing more than to settle down with your favorite food and to check out the new movies on Netflix. But, you’ve been doing so good all week! Plenty of fruits and vegetables for every meal. Do you really want to ruin it before the weekend? We’ve got your solution.
Spaghetti Squash Pepperoni Pizza Boats
Easy & Delicious!
- 2 whole spaghetti squash
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – for drizzling
- 1 Cup Chopped Pepperoni
- 2 Cups Marinara
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 Cups Chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place spaghetti squash on a plate and microwave for 5 minutes. Halve each lengthwise and remove any seeds. Transfer to a parchment-line baking sheet. Season with salt & pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake, cut-side down, for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and heat broiler.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, crisp pepperoni, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate.
- Loosen spaghetti strands using a fork. Add 1/2 Cup Marinara, 1/4 Cup Mozzarella, and 1/4 Cup crispy pepperoni to each baked squash half. Mix filling with a fork and top with 1/4 Cup more Mozzarella and parsley. Return to baking sheet.
- Broil until cheese is melted and golden – about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
The best of both worlds! Delicious pizza that won’t break the calorie bank! Enjoy!
Share this Post