The season of The Gingerbread is upon us! If you’re feeling a little spicy and a little spirited, this Gingerbread Popcorn is right up your alley. You will be overcome with holiday cheer in no time at all!
What are you waiting for? Get Poppin’ friends!
- 14 c. popcorn
- 1/2 c. butter, cubed
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. corn syrup
- ¼ c. molasses
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Pop popcorn and place in a butter coated bowl. (You can use easy butter spray for this!)
- Prep two large cookie sheets with a light coat of baking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, mollasses, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for about five minutes. Your syrup should be dark amber-brown.
- Pull off heat and add vanilla and baking soda. Your caramel syrup should get very light and fluffy.
- Immediately pour the frothy mixture over the popcorn in the bowl, mixing it well.
- Transfer the popcorn to cookie sheets and place in the heated oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Gently stir the popcorn every 10-15 minutes. If you can’t keep an eye on it, the coating on the popcorn WILL burn. It’s better to take it out early than leave it in too long.
- Store in an airtight container.
The Kinetic Team wishes you a very Happy Holiday!
Share this Post